10. Free cupcakes during finals week.
9. Free bacon and eggs at 9 pm during finals week.
8. You can spend the night in the library during finals week (some students wear their pajamas).
7. No one minds when you spend 12-14 consecutive hours in the same restaurant, using the air conditioning, wireless, and electricity.
6. Baristas who know your face and your order, without your telling them (Sweet Eugene’s House of Java: “regular nonfat latte with sugar-free hazelnut and a scone warmed, up with a fork”)
5. Deli/bakery servers who know your name, your face, and your order, without your telling them (Blue Baker: “Club Bleu, no mustard, no mayo, cut in half”)
4. Blueberry Peach bread on Tuesdays (Blue Baker again...can you tell it's my favorite place?)
3. People feel safe enough to go jogging at 1:30 a.m.
2. Laundromat with attached restaurant/bar (Harvey Washbangers). Above the bar is a panel with numbered lights, one for each washer and dryer, so you can see when it’s time to leave the restaurant and switch the laundry. The french fries are pretty good too!
1. Laundry attendant who finds your lost kittycat sock in the dustbin and runs into the parking lot to find you and return it.